"Twisted Realism" A visual artist, creating moody black and white tonal drawings in charcoal, pastel and graphite. Inspired by the human figure, story telling and Europe.


9.11.10

"A Matter Of Timing" (114.5cm x 76.5cm) Charcoal, Pastel and Graphite on Paperr




Sometimes I wonder what the future holds. 
I realise I can manifest things in my life, but there is always a lot of serendipity as well. Luck. Chance. Right place at the right time. Who you know.
I fight to maintain the drive to pursue my passion at a level required to attract success. Right now, I am acutely aware of the finiteness of life, and the need for certain things in life to be achieved in order to feel the end arrives with a level of satisfaction and gratification. No regrets.
My art drives me, but the ability to do something with it on the big stage is in jeopardy of withering with age and understanding. 
At times I feel like I’m too late.

1 comment:

  1. Human beliefs are always about limitation Pete. I would hate to live my life thinking that every day is 'just another brick in the wall'. In the spiritual sense we are infinite, without beginning or end, and that is pretty big stage. When we stop shaking the tree, leaves (of whatever colour you desire) stop falling down.

    I recently met a lady who at 80 years of age and living in a retirement village in the USA, woke up and said ' What is this all about. Going for rides, swims, lunch, dinner, cinema and holidays?' She sold up everything and moved to South Korea to start a bible study group. She tells me every day is full of 'bingo' moments. She looks about 50 and sounds all of nineteen. After six months she has three korean women in her bible study group and lots of new friends. She is an inspiration for me Pete. Cheers brother

    ReplyDelete