"Twisted Realism" A visual artist, creating moody black and white tonal drawings in charcoal, pastel and graphite. Inspired by the human figure, story telling and Europe.


28.1.12

Art In All Things (The perfect day)

The yard below my house is home to the occasional Red Bellied Black Snake, who love the close proximity to the dam beyond. I'm not a snake fan, but love seeing these beauties and feel fortunate to have them around.  I'm not sure I've ever seen such an intense, brilliant black, and this is married with the vibrant fire red of their bellies. They are spectacular. 
So to admire them and monitor their presence, I hand mow the grass with my little 14 inch Victa.


Mowing is therapeutic for me, and a form of exercise. The patterns have started to emerge over time, and make the whole process seem speedier. It's another opportunity to draw. 
I change the patterns every 12 months.



Favourite denims drying in the afternoon.

The shed nestled behind the palms is my studio. 


Early morning sunshine catches the last of the valley mist, and casts long shadows that highlight the mowed patterns.










The view from the deck at the front of my studio.
Scene Of  My Perfect Day
Both roller doors wide open.
Sun shining through, flooding the studio.
Music loud.
Aromatic incense filling the studio air.
Torn denims and paint splattered 'T'
A large sheet of brown paper.
Stacks of charcoal, pastel and graphite. 




      

1 comment: