"Twisted Realism" A visual artist, creating moody black and white tonal drawings in charcoal, pastel and graphite. Inspired by the human figure, story telling and Europe.


2.3.10

"Ladders" (114.5 x 76.5 cm)


Ladders appear often in my work. They are intended for ascending only. I aspire to loftier heights in life and art. 

I first recognized the significance of ladders as I listened to the Waterboys song, “Whole of the Moon”. The chorus has become my mission statement in life, to try to see the big picture. I hope to quietly leave this place, with that beautiful song playing all around me. 


“A torch in your pocket and the wind at your heels,
You climbed on a ladder and you know how it feels
to get to high, 
too far,
too soon,
I saw the crescent, you saw the whole of the moon

No comments:

Post a Comment