"Twisted Realism" A visual artist, creating moody black and white tonal drawings in charcoal, pastel and graphite. Inspired by the human figure, story telling and Europe.


5.8.11

Illustration - SALT Magazine Winter - 2011



Article - "Challenges Grow With Paradise" by Bernard Salt
Illustration - Peter Hollard (pen and ink)

I have been working on illustrations for the Sunshine Coast's SALT Magazine for a number of years and will start to include them in my blog entries. About a month before the magazine goes to press, I receive the article from Bernard Salt, and am given open slather by the editor Kate Johns to interpret the article in any way that I see fit.
Sometimes ideas are obvious and flow like sun dried salt, but often a meaningful interpretation is as hard to grind out as wet sand.
Always challenging fun. 

1 comment:

  1. From the B. Salt articles I've read, you seem to nail the visualisation each time :)

    ReplyDelete